Northern plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people to work, leisure, education and more every day. Our aim is to connect you to opportunities by providing a reliable and friendly train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve.
Facts and figures
Northern was formed in December 2004 when our parent companies won the franchise contract (awarded by the UK Government) to operate train services in the north of England until September 2013.
• We have 4,800 employees providing nearly 2,550 local and regional train services every weekday, making us the largest train operator in the UK.
• We run trains across the north of England, serving a population of nearly 15m.
• Our trains call at over 500 stations (approximately 20% of all UK railway stations), of which we manage 462.
• We lease around 290 trains, both diesel and electric.
• We provide direct access to three National parks; Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors as well as routes into the Lake District.
Greater competition needed among UK rail operators Britainís Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has presented a number of possible future reforms that it believes would improve the level of competition within the UKís rail franchising model.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.