|Location||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||320 - 340 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||January 15th 2013|
Asset Engineer (Structural Engineering), Manchester
Up to £340 per day
Talascend are currently seeking two Asset Engineers for contract positions based in Manchester.
- Schedule examinations, inspections, monitoring and assessment of structures assets and the evaluation of the reports in accordance with functional policy, systems and standards. Implement mitigation measures where proposed management actions are deferred.
- Specify and prioritise actions to address defects, comments and other issues raised in the reports, in accordance with standards and functional policy, for inclusion in work plans. Oversee the development, implementation and handover of prioritised work items to realise the required outputs. Produce route specific and asset type management regimes, and progress mitigations if items are deferred.
- Undertake engineering analysis and risk assessments of assets or asset components to support the asset management process and scheme development, including business cases and whole life cost analysis.
- Monitor and evaluate asset condition and capability trend data, and failure precursors to inform examination, maintenance, strengthening, risk mitigation and renewal plans to efficiently achieve corporate objectives.
- Provide support to the specification and development of enhancement schemes and manage the interface with network capability programmes.
- Liaise with the central structures team to develop and disseminate consistent best practice and in the review and development of functional policy and standards.
- Determine mitigation actions necessary to reduce the impact of adverse weather on the performance of structures assets.
- Maintain structures asset data and information within the company systems and processes.
- Support the review and development of national standards relating to structures Asset Management.
- Support initiatives to develop the buildings & civils strategic direction and input to the CP5 bid process in the route and supporting negotiations with regulatory bodies.
- Provide engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to structures.
- Review proposals from other disciplines or external organisations that could impact on the route structures assets and/or programmes of work to identify potential synergies or conflicts.
- Support the process for the review and approval of abnormal vehicular and rail loads.
- Control the technical development of projects, ascertaining that renewal requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and any changes are agreed with Route Asset Manager. Assist with the approval in principle of designs and manage acceptance of detailed design certification.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Substantial relevant experience in structures or civil engineering
- A sound knowledge of structures engineering policies and standards
- Knowledge of Structures Assessment
- An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer
- Member of a relevant professional institution.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please also note that in line with legal requirements should you be considered for an opportunity in the UK, we will require you to provide identification and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. You may also be asked for copies of your certificates of qualification.
Finally, we will retain your details (in line with the Data Protection Act 1984) unless you inform us that you do not wish us to do so. Of course, we will not provide your details to any of our clients in relation to future opportunities unless you have given us permission to do so.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)
Newport focus for Signalling Solutions Newport has rediscovered some of its lost railway heritage with the opening of Signalling Solutions' new design office in the city.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.