|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||February 28th 2013|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Salary: Based on skills and experience
Crossrail is an ambitious project to construct a new railway for London and the South-East. As well as providing vital new transport infrastructure, Crossrail is a catalyst for regeneration providing jobs in the UK economy and relieving congestion with new routes, less crowding and faster reliable connections. Our vision is to deliver a world-class affordable railway safely through effective partnerships. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a significant contribution to the UK's transport infrastructure and the quality of life in London and the UK as a whole.
We are currently seeking an experienced Auditor to be responsible for improving the Crossrail Management System (CMS) through the planning, managing and execution of audits. Supporting the Client by conducting audits on contract teams and tier 1 contractors, in order to verify planned arrangements, and providing appropriate assurance.
The Auditor's principal accountabilities will consist of planning, leading, and conducting integrated quality, environmental, and health & safety audits, within Crossrail, design consultants and tier 1 contractors. They will develop audit scopes and audit plans based on risk areas for activities to be audited. And report on audit findings, agreeing corrective action with auditees and monitoring close-out of audit findings.
To succeed in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
• Concern for meeting all requirements and results driven;
• Educated to degree, HND, or HNC level (or an equivalent), preferably in an engineering or construction related subject;
• Successful completion of lead auditor course (5 day) for either ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or BS OHSAS 18001;
• Strong practical knowledge and experience of the implementation and on-going development of management systems, based on recognised standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or BS OHSAS 18001;
• Good communication skills including report writing and the ability to interface with staff across all levels within the Project;
• Detailed knowledge of Assurance and Management System issues;
• Good understanding of the UK and European legislative framework and standards requirements;
• Relevant experience in auditing within the construction and/or rail industries;
• Membership of a relevant professional body, such as the Chartered Quality Institute or the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment; and
• IRCA Registered lead auditor or equivalent preferred.
For any queries related to this position please contact us by calling 0203 229 9191 Please quote the reference number CS429.
We value the diversity that exists in London and aspire to this being reflected in our workforce.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 7th March 2013.
Newport focus for Signalling Solutions Newport has rediscovered some of its lost railway heritage with the opening of Signalling Solutions' new design office in the city.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.