|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Location||LONDON, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||£350 - £375 per day|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||May 23rd 2012|
|Closing Date||May 25th 2012 (for applications)|
Commercial Manager (Engineering/Construction)
3 month initial contract – to start immediately
£350 - £375/day
Based in London
Our client is a well established Nationwide Utilities company whose professionalism and well respected name have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this.
The main purpose of the role is to provide commercial expertise and support to the Services business in the commercial negotiation of contracts and support in the delivery of project related commercial services.
• Support the development of a commercial centre of business excellence by leading the development and negotiation of the commercial terms
• Provide the commercial interface between internal and external legal resource at the tender and contract negotiation stages and proffer advice for existing and new projects
• Provide commercial support, advice and guidance to the divisions of ‘Projects and Business Development’ and ‘Strategic Operations’ for the development of new and existing opportunities, bid development & management and contract negotiation
• Ensure the provision of legal services via the defined legal interface with legal that could include either internal or external resources to ensure the availability of timely advice
• Provide advice and guidance to Procurement to ensure the commercial terms are understood and can be applied to the sub-contracts as appropriate
• Ensure that the rationale behind the contract/commercial terms are documented and understood to ensure a seamless handover to the division commercial contract management teams and commercial close
• Develop commercial policy for Services
• Provide support to the Commercial Services Manager in the execution of their duties
• Support the Commercial development management team in the production of timely reports and commercial queries
You will need:
• Demonstrable track record of operating successfully in a commercial environment
• Knowledge of supply chain environment, contracts and ideally experience in contract negotiations and commercial bidding process
• Experience of PFI/PPP, standard form, joint venture, shareholder contracts and other forms of concessions
• Strong communication skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills
• Good analytical, organisation & planning skills
• Ability to identify problems, understand key issues, investigate alternatives and apply commercial judgement
• Proven ability of building strong working relationships with a variety of people at all levels in the organisation
• Experience of risk management models and techniques
• Ideally conversant with the PG&C project governance process
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company which is growing and which can offer real career progression – Contact us now!!
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide.
Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative
recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors.
In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.