|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||August 2nd 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Thales are looking for a Commercial Manager to provide support the Pre-Contract/Bids team within the Commercial function of the Thales Transportation Systems Domain in the UK.
Thales UK: Transport
Transport networks around the world rely on technology and systems expertise from Thales for safety, reliability and optimised capacity. Our main markets in the UK are urban rail, mainline rail and roads, where our solutions include signalling (train control, axle counters, interlockings, train protection and warning systems, services), supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information management.
* To provide commercial input to tender submissions submitted by DTS including;* preparation of commercial responses for bid submissions, maximising Thales competitiveness and compliance with Customer draft contracts, whilst staying within Thales governance and Legal processes and limits,
* co-ordination of technical, commercial, financial and legal risk and opportunity analysis and capture of proposed mitigations,
* in conjunction with Legal, preparation of Legal Memo and Parent Company Guarantee application documents,
* development of programme, management and financial contingencies and input of such risk assessment data and contingency sums to Chorus 2 Manage Bid checklists and the bid pack in conjunction with the Bid Manager,
* preparation of flow down terms and conditions for use with suppliers and subcontractors,
* liaison with other Thales Domains and Business Units in relation to the preparation of Intra-Group subcontracts utilising Intra-Group Trading Rules (IGTS) * Presentation of commercial assessment of tenders at bid Gate Reviews in accordance with Chorus 2 Manage Bid process.
* Provide ongoing support and help to Sales and Marketing teams including giving detailed risk and opportunity assessments, attending meetings and providing leadership for negotiations with clients.
* To develop close working relationships with Thales Purchasing team and suppliers/subcontractors to ensure a proper and robust system is in place for the effective management of all suppliers.
* To update the Senior Commercial Manager each month on the commercial status of each tender being supported and in addition, any other commercial matters being worked on.
* To prepare robust handover material on new contracts resulting from successful tenders for presentation to project delivery teams during project launch reviews.
* To ensure that the Contracts Department documentation controller is updated when new contracts, or contractual amendment are executed. Also to ensure that hard copies of such contractual documentation are submitted for storage in DTS firesafes.
* A sound pre-contract commercial / contract management background is desired with good negotiation skills and a clear understanding of contract terms and conditions and risk/opportunity analysis.
* Experience of mainline, urban and metro rail infrastructure and construction based model form contracts including NEC3
* Experience of working for a contractor organisation and an understanding of the commercial mindset needed for this environment
* A thorough understanding of the principles and application of risk/opportunity assessment is necessary. Candidates should be able to show a mature appreciation of practical risk reduction methods and be familiar with industry models.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required: the successful candidate will be used to taking the lead in meetings with clients, internal colleagues and suppliers/sub-contractors. The ability to effectively liaise with internal departments is essential to this role.
* Must be a team player but also assertive and focused. A clear, methodical and precise approach to work is essential.
* The post holder must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word.
* Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital.