|Company||Coyle Rail Ltd|
|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||£35,000 - £45,000 per month|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||May 2nd 2012|
|Closing Date||June 2nd 2012 (for applications)|
Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in overseeing the technical and quality aspects of collating and disseminating monitoring data via the Underground Construction Information Management System (UCIMS) within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or for a system wide approach.
-Assisting the UCIMS Administrator in managing the system and providing secure access to UCIMS for permitted parties across appropriate Project data
-Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of UCIMS information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk.
-Undertaking continual reviews of data completeness and integrity in comparison to contractor technical submittals, (including installation reports and technical weekly reports) with follow up liaison and problem solving with Contractors team
-Complementing a rota based 24/7 operation in scrutinising data at critical times when assets are impacted by TBM transit or similar process
-Monitoring and scrutinising process logs of uploaded and downloaded data being received transmitted via UCIMS by Contractors and liaison with site team as necessary to satisfy process control.
-Liaison with site to confirm process and compliance with CRL Referencing and Numbering System for received monitoring data and tracking configuration and validation of data entry.
-Keeping the UCIMS Administrator and the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues evident from periodic data review related to a designated site, area or contract to which appointed (including corrupted, unsafe or questionable data or apparent instrument failure or requirement for maintenance).
-Determining need (with the Project Field Engineer) to engage design authority for interpretation or approval of changes or non-conformances with Instrumentation and Monitoring Plans in respect of alarms, trigger values and frequencies of monitoring.
-Monitoring the contractor’s compliance with AGS data transfer protocol requirements, liaison with site and escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
-Monitoring the contractor’s compliance with timely data transfer regimes required by the Works Information, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
-Providing support to Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Technical Director’s and/or Chief Engineers discipline specialists.
-Providing periodic engineering input to interpretation of data for review of data completeness and resulting compliance with contract engineering criteria, coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager where required.
-Assisting the Site Manager and Project Field Engineer with the authorisation of payment certificates for weekly monitoring including review of downtime/unavailability of data.
-Supporting the PFE in the review and acceptance of the Contractor’s Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) or QA Procedure in relation to data integrity and validation prior to release on UCIMS.
Supporting the presentation of daily Dashboard values for data unavailability, recent alarms and status, TBM locations and other construction data
-Providing input to and or supporting future developments of the system itself and the controls required for its administration.
-Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
-Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
-Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
3. Main challenges of the job
• Supporting the Employer in maintaining and operating a major database system UCIMS for observation and reporting of the Works
• Supporting the Employer in building effective working relationships with main Contractors organisations to maintain the flow of instrumentation monitoring and construction data transfer so that third party stakeholders can access and review via UCIMS.
• Supporting the Employer with technical and person skills that match the fluidity of the interactions required for effective data control for quality, timeliness and accuracy
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
• Reports to UCIMS Administrator
• Works closely with Project Manager and Field Engineering Team
Co-ordination and liaison with CRL Construction management and site management staff, site engineering manager and site I and M engineers.
Co-ordination and liaison with Contractors I and M Engineers and Data Handlers
5. Person Specification
• Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
• Some experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge and experience of database systems and processes for data transfer
• Knowledge of AGS data transfer process
• Knowledge and experience of the use of monitoring data for control and reporting on ground movements and associated construction activities.