|Company||DB Mobility Networks Logistics|
|Location||UAE/Oman, Worldwide (Outside Europe)|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||January 26th 2012|
Support projects globally. And your own career. At Deutsche Bahn.
Deutsche Bahn is a leading international mobility and logistics service provider. DB International offers the worldwide-acknowledged railway know-how of Deutsche Bahn for transport projects from conception through to realization. We consult our international clients and develop innovative and economic solutions for their mobility and transportation services.
For our urban transport projects in the Middle East, UAE/Oman, we are seeking an experienced
Expert RAMS (f/m)
(Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) responsible for security aspects during the design and realization of projects. The area of responsibility also contains the following tasks.
• defining the RAMS requirements for rail and metro projects
• preparation of system assurances, system hazard and safety reports for rail and metro projects
• worldwide benchmarking of rail and metro projects with respect to RAMS requirements
• analysis, definition and monitoring of operational safety for rail and metro projects
• analysis and evaluation of RAMS data and conduction of improvements for safe operations
• identification of security risks
• participation in safety audits
• review of subcontractors’ RAMS documentation and ensuring that defined requirements are met
• ensuring the applicability of the specified conditions by continuously reviewing the various projects
• adherence to defined time frames, budgets and quality
• diploma – Dipl.-Ing. (TH/TU)/M.Sc. or Dipl.-Ing. (FH)/B.S. – in computer sciences, mathematics, physics or a comparable discipline
• at least 10 years of professional experience in international railway infrastructure projects with a focus on RAMS
• excellent knowledge of English (able to conduct business fluently, spoken and written)
• prepared to relocate to UAE/Oman or to work worldwide
• open to taking on new challenges, establishing structures and actively shaping events
• high level of cross-cultural ability, communication skills and empathy
• team player mentality and flexibility
• excellent self-organization, high level of motivation and ability to work under pressure
• advanced entrepreneurial skills
• ability to work on own initiative
• self-assertive and persuasive
If you are interested in a complex and challenging task within the transport industry and match the profile, we look forward to receiving your application.
DB International GmbH
Reference number: 1547
Please note that your personal data will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process.
Greater competition needed among UK rail operators Britain’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has presented a number of possible future reforms that it believes would improve the level of competition within the UK’s rail franchising model.
NTAR - Setting the standard A training academy which sees itself playing a pivotal role in finally grasping the rail industry’s skills challenge is set to open in October.