|Location||Greater London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||33,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||June 28th 2012|
Field Service Maintenance Technician - South London
Our client whom are a Leading Train Operator in the UK require a Field Service Maintenance Technician to provide proactive and reactive maintenance riding on the trains & at our clients static maintenance at site. You will need to have excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with a number of stakeholders including the public.
In this position you will be responsible for attending track calls to attend unit failures in an attempt to get the unit back into service, or to the relevant depot with the minimum amount of lost time. You will be responsible for the servicing, maintenance, repair & overhaul of traction units, components & equipment.
Other key roles & responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Compile formal reports detailing post incident/failure
- Provide Fleet Fitter cover at outstations during major events
- Review IT systems for defects & proactively monitor train defects & fix where appropriate
- Liaise with the control centre & station staff as required.
- Participate in all staff briefings to ensure you are informed of all relevant information.
- Develop a proactive approach to safety issues.
Salary & Package
£ 32,953 p/a - based on 37 hours per week
+ Contributory Pension
+ Rail Travel Benefits
- You must have a good understanding of electrical & mechanical rolling stock systems.
- You must have excellent communication skills
You must be capable of passing a stringent drugs, alcohol & medical screening. You must also be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please give me a call on 01332 861 856 or forward your application to email@example.com