|Location||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||June 21st 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Thales are recruiting for a Lead Commercial Manager to join their Transportation Systems Domain (DTS) based within their Manchester offices.
As the Lead Commercial Manager (LCM) you will take direct responsibility for leading Commercial issues on Project/s as defined by the Senior Commercial Manager through the delivery phases of both current and future projects. The role is central to the commercial success of the business. As such the LCM will be a proactive and integral member of the DTS team to ensure that the commercial objects of the business are achieved and initiatives for commercial procedures are recommended/implemented and adhered too. The LCM will provide advice and recommendations to to the projects under its remit on key commercial issues, risks, liabilities and opportunities. Provide guidance on terms and conditions for the benefit of the broader project team and maintain awareness of best commercial practice. Provide support to senior management and where required lead commercial negotiations with customer, consortium partners and in conjunction with Procurement, sub-contractors and other 3rd parties. Respond to and negotiate customers proposed contractual agreements such as Deeds of Variation and major Contract ?Changes? and support senior management in the management of such changes, including the preparation, approval and negotiation. Identify and manage issues and disputes arising with customers in conjunction with the Legal function.
* Actively promote good customer relationships by attending regular meetings to proactively manage issues.
* Promote, ensure and adhere to contract governance procedures. Identify, support and educate the business in relation to the execution of contractual obligations.
* Proactively manage claims to try and prevent disputes. Where disputes arise, proactively manage responses and advise business partners of contractual position and risks.
* Ensure all programmes / projects have a defined change control process and ensure this process is correctly followed.
* Proactively work with Programme / Project team and Customers to help maximise additional revenues from existing contracts.
* Identify, manage and mitigate unnecessary business risk. Participate in programme / Project risk reviews ensuring risk registers are appropriately maintained.
* Propose, develop and agree strategy to manage contracts with business partners. Drive and implement strategy.
* Proactively support the development, improvement and standardisation of terms and conditions, guidelines, processes and best practice sharing
* Functional and operational responsibility for team members. Coach, mentor, empower team members. Lead by example and inspire
* Knowledge about market and industry standards and trends
* To know how to identify, describe, quantify, evaluate opportunities and risks and to participate in decision making by proposing
* To know how to maximise opportunities and minimise and mitigate risk
* Extensive knowledge of contract and other relevant law
* Exceptional negotiation skills ? knowing, determining and applying negotiation strategies
* Excellent communication skills
* Understanding of business models, strategies, financials and customer relationship management
* Knowledge of relevant accounting, finance and tax principles
* Ability to understand and support overall business drivers and to apply creative and long term strategic solutions