|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||35,000 - 45,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||June 18th 2012|
Mechanical Engineering Consultant - East Midlands
Our client who are a leading rail consultancy require an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a strong rolling stock background. You with draw upon your technical expertise to visualise a concept, present the design, sum up the challenges & propose a way through to a viable solution & design.
In this position you will utilise your Rolling Stock Mechanical Technical expertise to deliver numerous projects from concept to completion.
Key accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of technical documentation to demonstrate conformance to set requirements.
- Support & inspire colleagues on technical mechanical issues set by our client.
- Contribute during the tendering process by providing cost & time scale estimates.
- Lead design reviews internally with clients.
- Deliver set projects on time & to budget.
- Ensure that the technical details on projects are produced to a high standard.
- Provide innovative engineering solutions to meet the client's specifications, legislation, codes & standards.
Salary & Package
Competitive Salary & Pension Scheme.
- Ideally candidates will hold or be working towards Chartered Status
- Degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- An in depth understanding of rolling stock mechanical engineering & able to demonstrate technical expertise
- Proven technical report, specification & calculation writing skills
- Experience of railway vehicle acceptance procedures in the UK.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply online or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call Samuel Platts on 01332 861 856.