|Location||London, South East London|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||£32,000 - £37,000 per year|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||November 10th 2011|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
|Closing Date||November 23rd 2011 (for applications)|
My client, a rail contractor, is looking to recruit a Mobile Operations Manager to be based in the South East London office. This is a challenging opportunity to join a small team of managers who are responsible for ensuring the safe operational delivery of On Track Plant shifts to our customers.
Whilst nominally based in South East London, the role will be largely field based and will provide real time management, support and guidance to our teams of Driver/ Operators who work in the Kent, Wessex, Anglia and East Midland operational areas. Regular night and weekend will be required as that is when the operational shifts are delivered. A flexible approach to work will also be important as dealing with unplanned events in a timely manner is a key requirement of the role.
Applicants will need to possess some or all of the following knowledge and skills:
• Proven management skills, including motivation, leadership, communication and absence management.
• Be able to deal with multiple priorities in a sometimes pressurised environment.
• A working knowledge of health and safety legislation and risk management.
• Railway operational rules and regulations
• Accident and incident investigation techniques.
• Report writing and follow up
• Effective customer relationship management.
• A real commitment to safety and the zero harm initiative.
• An awareness of track geometry issues and techniques.
Newport focus for Signalling Solutions Newport has rediscovered some of its lost railway heritage with the opening of Signalling Solutions' new design office in the city.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.