|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Location||Heathrow, London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||£40,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||August 12th 2012|
Operational Engineer (SAP)
£40,000 p.a + benefits
Based in Heathrow, London
Our client is a well established Nationwide Utilities company whose professionalism and well respected name, have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this.
You will need:
• Senior Authorised Person as defined by the Distribution Safety Rules
• Experience in distribution systems through the range 400kV to 433v & 400v
• Security clearance for Client infrastructure Access
• Medical & Drugs and Alcohol screening
• Educated to HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of distribution HV Systems
• Knowledge of Building Services Systems
• Working knowledge of specialist HV equipment for the relevant client Network such as SVCs & load balancers
• Ability to read drawings and understand content
• Ability to work in different environments
• Excellent analytical, organisation & planning skills
• Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
• Hold full driving licence
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, MS Project and other bespoke software packages
• An ability to travel around the Strategic Operations Client portfolio
• A broad understanding of Strategic Operation clients requirements
• To possess strong and persuasive negotiating and influencing skills
• Ability to manage time and to meet deadlines
• To be skilful in decision making
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Relevant Safety Qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH
• Knowledge of Construction Design and Management Regulations
• The Operational Engineers role is to deliver the engineering activities within their allocated Operational team. To undertake the delivery of Construction and Maintenance requirements
• Delivery of the Construction and Maintenance programmes for the Services owned assets operating at voltages through the range 400kV to 433v & 400v
• Work with the Lead Operational Engineer to ensure that all programmes of work are delivered to time and budget in line with contractual commitments to time, cost and quality
• Work with Technicians and Apprentices to ensure the delivery of all engineering activities
• Assist in the management of budgets relating to the construction and maintenance delivery and meet ongoing company objectives
• As a team member work to ensure that Company ambitions are achieved especially in the areas of Staff and Client satisfaction
• Adherence to Client and companies Operations and Procedures
• Operation of HV and 415LV Distribution Protection Systems
• Testing and Commissioning of HV and LV Distribution System
• Maintenance of the Control and Protection Systems
• Maintenance of specialist equipment including SVCs and Load Balancers
• Ensuring compliance with CDM and Services Health and Safety policies
• Developing site specific H,S & E procedures
• Compliance with quality policies
• Operate and update Asset database in respect of project activities
• Responsible for both reactive and planned maintenance activities
• Carry out fault investigation and repairs as required
• Modifying equipment and drawings to ensure the efficient operation of the substations
• Ensuring the compliance with the distribution safety rules during all activities
• Active supervision of all contractors/staff working on site
• Undertake additional activities commensurate with the job level and competency
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company which is growing and which can offer real career progression – Contact us now!!
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide.
Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative
recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors.
In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.