|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||up-to £40,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||August 7th 2012|
Operations and Maintenance Engineer
£40,000 p.a + excellent benefits including bonus, car and overtime
Based in Barking
Our client is a well established Nationwide Utilities company whose professionalism and well respected name, have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this.
You will need:
• Senior Authorised, Authorised or Control Person status
• SAP, AP or CP status level to 11kV min
• Experience in distribution and traction systems for 33kV, 25kV, 11kV and 400V
• High Speed PTS Requirements (Medical & Drugs and Alcohol screening)
• Educated to HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of traction and distribution HV Systems
• Knowledge of Building Services Systems
• Knowledge of SVCs & load balancers
• Ability to read drawings and understand content
• Aptitude to manage contractors
• Ability to work in different environments, including confined spaces and at height
• A thorough understanding of all statutory requirements, including HS&E regulations.
• Demonstrable track record within an Electrical distribution environment
• Excellent analytical, organisation & planning skills
• Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
• Computer literate
• Hold full driving licence
• The Operations & Maintenance Engineers role is to undertake the maintenance of the owned assets whilst ensuring that there is no disruption to the electricity supply.
• Also responsible for the management of contractors to complete the maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner.
• Maintenance of the owned assets at 400kV, 33kV, 27.5kV, 11kV and 6.6kV plus 433v & 400v
• Maintenance of the Control and Protection Systems
• Maintenance of specialist equipment including SVCs and Load Balancers
• Ensuring compliance with CDM and the companies Health and Safety policies
• Developing site specific H,S & E procedures
• Compliance with quality policies
• Operate and update Asset database in respect of project activities
• Working on Railway Traction Systems
• Responsible for both reactive and planned maintenance activities
• Carry out fault investigation and repairs as required.
• Modifying equipment and drawings to ensure the efficient operation of the substations
• Ensuring the compliance with the distribution safety rules during all activities.
• Active supervision of all contractors/staff working on site
• Provide technical support as part of the O&M team
• Attend and contribute to team briefings, give feed-back where necessary
• Identify potential project risks/opportunities (raise awareness within team / company)
• Proactively seeking continuous improvement
• Required to participate in a standby rota and work additional hours as required to maintain the supplies
• Working unsocial hours when required to respond to faults on system.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a company which is growing and which can offer real career progression – Contact us now!!
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to email@example.com
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide.
Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative
recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors.
In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.