|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||August 7th 2012|
Our client, a major regional contractor with a solid base of work spanning across UK infrastructure projects, is currently looking for a rail Possession Planning specialist to join their team in Euston, London. Reporting to the various Programme Managers, Planning Managers, Site Managers and Project Managers the Possession Planner will be responsible for developing and maintaining integrated project delivery timings and programmes for track maintenance, construction and alterations.
The Possession Planner will be responsible for:
• Specific track project planning, updates in analysis and reporting.
• Delivering information regarding specific project timings and any delays that may have an impact upon the programme on a period by period basis, including necessary reports to allow senior managers to direct the track projects’ timings appropriately.
• Establish & maintain an effective programme as well as integrate and update the overall critical path activity and time scheduling to enable the compilation of a high level representation of progress against the critical path.
• Provide support to management and stakeholders for all track planning functions ensuring that issues within the programme are highlighted, understood and any solutions identified.
• Ensure coordination between internal divisions and subcontractors’ programmes of works and compliance with regards to track maintenance, construction and alterations.
In order to apply for the role of Possession Planner, you will have:
• Client or project delivery experience, within the UK railway industry would be advantageous.
• Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate excellent negotiation skills; being able to represent the programme at all levels within the organisation structure.
• Experience of, and skilled in the use of Primavera P6, NEC3 contracts and Microsoft planning products as well as using Critical Path Analysis and Earned Value in a technical environment.
• Previous experience of Possession Planning essential.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Possession Planner please forward your CV to the Rail team at Morgan Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us for further information on 0207 419 8968.