|Location||Chippenham, England/South West ALL|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||£350 - £420 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||April 22nd 2013|
|Start Date||ASAP for 5 months|
My client has an urgent requirement for an experienced well-rounded Procurement Manager. The role is based in the South West of England and will run for an initial duration of 5 months.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in contracts and commercial management alongside a full understanding of the procurement lifecycle
- Have experience of dealing with extreme change projects
- A "can do" attitude
- Experience of the complexity and risk from commercial aspects of the rail industry
- Ideally experience of dealing with RRV's and Telecoms contracts
- Knowledge of T's & C's of payment terms
- Experience of valuation of tenders
- CIPS status or equivalent
The role requires someone who has worked at pre-contract stage and understands the finer points of a pre-contract agreement
Greater competition needed among UK rail operators Britainís Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has presented a number of possible future reforms that it believes would improve the level of competition within the UKís rail franchising model.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.