|Company||Coyle Rail Ltd|
|Location||Welwyn Garden City, Herefordshire|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||May 23rd 2012|
|Closing Date||June 9th 2012 (for applications)|
Role Summary/Purpose: Provide leadership to Project Controls team, and develop a world-class plan to monitor and control the execution of projects within time and budgetary parameters, while optimising resource utilisation. Support the proposals and projects functions in the development of project planning and project control systems.
To lead the project control activities within the EMEA region. This will involve a good knowledge of the processes involved as well as the company tools such as Primavera P6 and Oracle project accounting. It is essential that the individual understands the principles of Work Package Management and the structuring of WBS. This will involve the development of toolsets and training of project staff. Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Project Programme/Costing.Ensure the integrity of Primavera P6 and coherence with data held within Oracle achieved by a thorough understanding of the systems used to capture the actual progress, and the costs to complete.The controller must challenge all inputs to assure their validity and appropriateness. This will involve a comparison of actual to forecast in the project plan, challenging plans with regard to past performance, workload profiles, dependencies, risk profiles, contractual requirements etc. Analyse, report & make recommendations on associated KPI’s
- Risk and ExposureMonitor the risk process to ensure that exposures are reported and managed appropriately. This will be done by a review of the stability and sensitivity of the assumptions made in the plan, the potential exposure to the project and/or the Company and the adequacy of the mitigation plans aimed at reducing this exposure. The risk process should be challenged to ensure that exposures are articulated and addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion. Risk mitigation plans should be included in the project plan and the controller has a role in ensuring that the exposure and cost of mitigation is fully understood and available for management consideration.
- Bidding ActivitiesTo provide expert assistance to the Commercial Operations manager in creating a robust bid programmes, identifying sensitivities and any inherent risk.
Qualifications/Requirements: - Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Depth of knowledge of Primavera P6 at both user and administrative levels.
- Excellent understanding of the cost control function.
Desired Characteristics - Familiarity with Oracle & Project Accounting
- Ability to create and execute work plans
- Strong quantitative and analytical skillsAbility to identify and implement best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Rail sector experience.