|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||August 10th 2012|
Our client a Global Rail and Rolling Stock specialist are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer - Electrical to join their London based team to work on a large Infrastructure project.
As the Project Engineer - Electrical you will be responsible for;
- Leading customer and stakeholder facing engineering activities for electrical design
- Delivering a new design of passenger rail vehicles
- Building on our clients reputation as a supplier delivering proven and reliable rolling stock to plan
- Electrical Design areas include;
o Cab Radio
o Passenger information systems
o Train Data Recorders
o Train Control Software
- Liaise with relevant, internal and external, design, manufacturing, operational and maintenance stakeholders to capture, prioritise and demonstrate compliance with elicited electrical requirements.
- Liaise with third parties, such as Network Rail, to understand and communicate the progress of any changes to electrically interfacing systems, e.g. electrification works.
- Identify and lead the selection of any required external engineering organisations / resource and manage their on-time delivery of work-scope in alignment with Japanese based design staff
- Act as the focal point for providing a UK perspective on electrical design issues
- Contribute to rolling stock design activities, to ensure the requirements of external stakeholders, legislation, maintenance and assembly are captured in the final design of all products.
- Lead stakeholder design reviews, delivering design assurance statements to demonstrate compliance with customer and legislative requirements.
- Liaise with all other functions as a key member of the Project's management team.
- Implement and develop processes and procedures to ensure the Project Engineering team operate effectively through a period of rapid growth within the organisation
In order to apply for this role you will have;
- Relevant Engineer qualification
- Chartered Engineer - Desirable
- Extensive experience gained from a rolling stock design / operations environment.
- Experience of managing and co-ordinating globally distributed, internal and external, engineering service providers
- Knowledge and understanding of the European and Railway Group Standards and other railway specific engineering standards
- Knowledge and experience of working with TOC's and Network Rail
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Analytical thinking style.
- Comfortable progressing and liaising with third parties on programme issues
- Flexible and forward thinking, able to lead and operate effectively in a period of organisational expansion
- Experience of working with International companies and across different cultures is preferred, as the position will involve international travel and discussions across cultures and language boundaries.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, achieving clear targets and deliverables, within a tight project support environment is essential.
- Experienced in all phases of a project, from bid through design, manufacture, test, acceptance, delivery, operational development.
If you are interested in this role and wish to get any further details please address your application to Emma Worker or contact a member of the Rail division at Morgan Hunt