|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||300 - 340 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||August 3rd 2012|
For over 65 years, Talascend has been at the leading edge of recruiting in the technical sector. From our global offices on four continents, we match first class talent with the best job opportunities in Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare and IT. In a market where demand for skills is high and supply low, we`re helping our customers to connect with the right people and companies for them - bringing together hiring managers, HR strategists and technical professionals to help complete projects on time and on budget.
Project Engineer (Signalling), Swindon
Contract: Aug 2012 - March 2013
Daily rate: £340 per day
Talascend are currently seeking a Signalling Project Engineer for a contract role based in Swindon.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team to assist in the delivery of all IP Western and Wales multi disciplinary projects, they should have a good grounding in Signalling principles and enjoy a challenge. They need to be resourceful and flexible in thinking and working. They would work on projects as large as redoubling or four tracking projects and as small as assisting in cable lift and shift and TSR calculations for bridge renewals.
1. Implement our client`s systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
2. Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure projects so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of our client`s allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
3. Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
4. Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with our client`s environmental policy.
5. Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
6. Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
7. Monitor so that the contractor`s design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
8. Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
9. Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please also note that in line with legal requirements should you be considered for an opportunity in the UK, we will require you to provide identification and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. You may also be asked for copies of your certificates of qualification.
Finally, we will retain your details (in line with the Data Protection Act) unless you inform us that you do not wish us to do so. Of course, we will not provide your details to any of our clients in relation to future opportunities unless you have given us permission to do so.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)