|Location||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Career Level||Intermediate Level|
|Salary||£350 - £400 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||August 1st 2012|
Working as part of the Buildings & Civils Asset Management Transformation Programme, the Project Engineer will be tasked to identify, analyse and support the resolution of technical issues, developing processes, standards and solutions with internal and external parties and the ORR to deliver safe and cost effective solutions and gain support and acceptance.
1. Identify and analyse structures principles and issues taking account of technical assumptions, and coordinate interfaces with projects, as required.
2. Investigate specific technical problems and issues, identifying solutions.
3. Make recommendations on changes to standards, working methods, processes and procedures.
4. Support the resolution of technical issues from all relevant governance bodies and end users across the industry; analyse and organise resulting information, presenting coherent recommendations for review.
5. Support the development and introduction of new equipment, processes and standards.
6. Support the work of governance bodies, including participating in technical audits, contract administration and work planning.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Degree in a relevant subject
· Relevant engineering experience
· Knowledge of B&C/ structures principles.
· Experience of practical working methods of all disciplines delivering maintenance and renewal work on track
· Member of the relevant institution for Engineering.
· Good communication skills