|Company||GE Capital International|
|Location||Welwyn Garden City, England/South ALL|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||May 14th 2013|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Project Sourcing Leader
Location: Welwyn Garden City
GE -Transportation is a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, marine, drilling, wind and mining industries. We provide freight & passenger locomotives, railway signaling and communications systems, information technology solutions, marine engines, motorized drive systems for mining trucks and drills, high-quality replacement parts and value added services. With sales in excess of $4.5 billion, GE -Transportation is headquartered in Erie, PA, and employs approximately 10,000 employees worldwide.
Provide support to the Sourcing department in finding, engaging and processing sub-contractors for GE projects globally.
- Responsible for supporting the Sourcing needs on projects to meet the requirement of the business.
- Perform some, or all of the required functions; from initiation of intent, to purchase; to satisfactory delivery of material service.
- Initiates necessary actions to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any contractual installation problems on the project site.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material and services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, together with the effective utilization of available expertise from supporting organisations.
- Implement purchase contracts with sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of material or service that meet applicable company and government regulations.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, stimulate competition and perform continual market analysis in monitoring supplier progress.
- As directed, consolidate procurement activities for assigned commodities, including development to Supplier Database sources.
- Maintain “timely” control of orders, amendments, shipping and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Travel to installation contractor sites as required. (International travel required).
- Oracle platform based purchasing and general buying duties for materials and services.
- Degree in business operations, technology, or other applicable field.
- Previous experience in an operational role in construction project management or construction/ engineering sourcing.
- Understand the bidding, construction and scheduling of both small and large scale Signaling Construction Projects.
- Ability to coordinate and lead an international project team.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and computer skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and negotiate contractual terms and conditions of construction projects - Construction Contract Negotiation Skills.
- Competence to evaluate and compare competitive proposals. Prepare reports and written evaluations on supplier, subcontractor services and past construction performance.
- Strong understanding of pre-construction and post bid construction award services and industry flow processes
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Government Regulations that apply in the rail industry.
- Green Belt Certified.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean concepts and tools.
- Outstanding business acumen, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to influence across the organisation.
Newport focus for Signalling Solutions Newport has rediscovered some of its lost railway heritage with the opening of Signalling Solutions' new design office in the city.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.