|Location||Welwyn Garden City, England/South ALL|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||May 14th 2013|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Project Sourcing Leader
Location: Welwyn Garden City
GE -Transportation is a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, marine, drilling, wind and mining industries. We provide freight & passenger locomotives, railway signaling and communications systems, information technology solutions, marine engines, motorized drive systems for mining trucks and drills, high-quality replacement parts and value added services. With sales in excess of $4.5 billion, GE -Transportation is headquartered in Erie, PA, and employs approximately 10,000 employees worldwide.
Provide support to the Sourcing department in finding, engaging and processing sub-contractors for GE projects globally.
- Responsible for supporting the Sourcing needs on projects to meet the requirement of the business.
- Perform some, or all of the required functions; from initiation of intent, to purchase; to satisfactory delivery of material service.
- Initiates necessary actions to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any contractual installation problems on the project site.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material and services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, together with the effective utilization of available expertise from supporting organisations.
- Implement purchase contracts with sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of material or service that meet applicable company and government regulations.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, stimulate competition and perform continual market analysis in monitoring supplier progress.
- As directed, consolidate procurement activities for assigned commodities, including development to Supplier Database sources.
- Maintain “timely” control of orders, amendments, shipping and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Travel to installation contractor sites as required. (International travel required).
- Oracle platform based purchasing and general buying duties for materials and services.
- Degree in business operations, technology, or other applicable field.
- Previous experience in an operational role in construction project management or construction/ engineering sourcing.
- Understand the bidding, construction and scheduling of both small and large scale Signaling Construction Projects.
- Ability to coordinate and lead an international project team.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and computer skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and negotiate contractual terms and conditions of construction projects - Construction Contract Negotiation Skills.
- Competence to evaluate and compare competitive proposals. Prepare reports and written evaluations on supplier, subcontractor services and past construction performance.
- Strong understanding of pre-construction and post bid construction award services and industry flow processes
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Government Regulations that apply in the rail industry.
- Green Belt Certified.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean concepts and tools.
- Outstanding business acumen, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to influence across the organisation.