|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Salary||400 - 450 per day|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||August 9th 2012|
For over 65 years, Talascend has been at the leading edge of recruiting in the technical sector. From our global offices on four continents, we match first class talent with the best job opportunities in Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, Healthcare and IT. In a market where demand for skills is high and supply low, we`re helping our customers to connect with the right people and companies for them - bringing together hiring managers, HR strategists and technical professionals to help complete projects on time and on budget.
Rail, Rail Alignments Engineer, London
2-3 month contract - Circa £500 per day
Talascend are currently seeking a Rail Alignments Engineer for a contract position in London.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs rail alignments studies using Bentley Microstation and Inrail software or other programs and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools
2. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual track alignment studies, designs, reports or proposals.
3. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs.
4. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
5. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines.
6. Reviews technical track alignment related issues with other departments on the study including constructability requirements.
7. Perform track alignment studies based on international codes such as the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA) Manual and project requirements.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE and relevant Company Standard Computer Applications to perform the work.
- Knowledge of Bentley Microstation to develop track alignment alternatives.
- Thorough knowledge of track alignment design requirements.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices.
- Understanding of pertinent industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledgeable of and performs track alignment activities with minimal technical oversight.
- Knowledge of rail operations is required
- Microsoft Office applications - Intermediate
- Bentley Microstation applications - Advanced
- English (written and oral) communication - Advanced
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Please also note that in line with legal requirements should you be considered for an opportunity in the UK, we will require you to provide identification and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK. You may also be asked for copies of your certificates of qualification.
Finally, we will retain your details (in line with the Data Protection Act 1984) unless you inform us that you do not wish us to do so. Of course, we will not provide your details to any of our clients in relation to future opportunities unless you have given us permission to do so.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)