|Location||York, North Yorkshire|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||40,000 - 47,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||September 18th 2013|
Railway Signalling Design Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an IRSE Licenced Signalling Design Engineer to undertake detailed designs for SSI trackside projects. They will be required to report to the design manager informing them of the progress on the project.
Salary: circa £45,000 (DOE)
Our client is one of the most recognised names within the infrastructure market place with a nationwide presence. The opportunity offers challenging and varied responsibilities to the successful candidate, offering the chance to develop their engineering career.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring designs, specifications, reports and the working drawings meet contract requirements
- Site visits and correlation surveys
- Monitoring junior staff
- Liaising with the client and third parties, and keeping the project manager informed
- Production of signalling layouts
- Assist with testing and commissioning
- Knowledge of RRI
- SSI line equipment knowledge
The candidate must have the relevant communication and literacy skills, with a good knowledge of the rail industry and railway standards. The candidate must have the relevant experience in the design of signalling layouts.
The required qualifications are:
- HNC/HND or equivalent
- IRSE Signalling Designer Licence (1.1.150C)
You MUST reside and be eligible to work in the UK for this position.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah on 01332 861829.