|Company||MPI Limited - Rail|
|Location||Doncaster, South Yorkshire|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Job Type||Customer Facing|
|Salary||£18,699 per year|
|Company Size||Medium (100-999 employees)|
|Posted Date||October 5th 2010|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
|Closing Date||October 15th 2010 (for applications)|
JOB TITLE: Rostering Clerk
Grade: CO 4
REPORTS TO: Roster Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Nil
POSITION STATUS: Permanent/Non-Safety Critical
Responsible for assisting the Rostering Manager in the cost-effective allocation of Production Staff (PM3, PM2, PM1, IMG, IAMís SITíS, ITís, IAís and Welding Staff) in liaison with Management teams.
Where additional resources are required, or the workload requires skills or qualifications not available within permanently employed staff, the Roster Clerk will assist the Rostering Manager in their procurement.
1. Assist in the production of employee rosters to allow cost effective utilisation of the resource in liaison with the Renewals Managers and Supervisors in order to meet the resource levels and skills required by the workload as directed in the Planning Meetings.
2. Allocation of Training & Competence Courses and arranging efficient release of staff in accordance with rosters.
3. Liaise with Agency Suppliers on a weekly basis to address any shortfall of manpower requirements.
4. Maintain supplier database and update accordingly to allow selective sourcing of future manpower requirements.
7. Provide other administrative support as delegated by the Roster Manager.
1. All contracted works are resourced in accordance with submitted planning sheets.
2. Staff rosters are produced in accordance with Babcock Rail procedures.
3. Skills/competencies are allocated to fulfil programmed works.
4. All staff training requirements are incorporated within rostering arrangements.
Specific Job Requirements
1. Good knowledge and understanding of the Conditions of Service.
2. Good communication skills at all level.
Skills & Abilities
1. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Access.
3. Good keyboard skills.
4. Ability to write clear and concise reports
5. Good organisational ability and interpersonal skills.
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in General Office Procedures.
Newport focus for Signalling Solutions Newport has rediscovered some of its lost railway heritage with the opening of Signalling Solutions' new design office in the city.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.