|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||30,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||June 8th 2012|
Safety Process Manager - East Midlands
Our client who are a Leading Train Operator in the UK have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety professional to join their team on a 9-12 month maternity cover contract. In this role you will be required to provide strategic safety & operational management advice whilst accurately collating & reporting safety performance information.
You will be working closely with the Safety Assurance Manager in this role providing a strategic viewpoint for the company on safety.
Key responsibilities on the role include but are not limited to the following key areas:
- Application of relevant legislation & industry standards.
- Ensure the implementation & ongoing improvement of the Safety Management System, that the business achieves the continual compliance with safety & environmental legal requirements.
- Assist & support the HQ Head of Environment in environmental initiatives.
- You will liaise wit managers in the effective investigation of accidents & incidents.
- Provide guidance to the catering department in food hygiene.
- Maintain theoretical & practical competence in the field of safety management, including the application of relevant legislation & industry requirements.
- Assist & coach managers to ensure workplace risk assessments are fit for purpose.
- Undertake specialist risk assessments within the company as required.
Salary & Package
£30,000 p/a (Pro-Rata)
+ Rail Travel Benefits
+ Contributory Pension
+ Generous Holiday Entitlement
Please Note - This is a 9 month fixed term contract, covering maternity leave, that may be extended to 12 months should it be required.
- Candidates will ideally have a formal safety management qualification i.e. NEBOSH or equivalent.
- You will need to have experience of carrying out safety audits & risk assessments.
You must be eligible to live & work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the role & meet the above criteria apply online, forward your CV to Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org, or give Samuel Platts a call on 01332 861 856.