|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||35,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||April 27th 2012|
Safety Specialist (Rail) - London
Our client whom are a leading Train Operator in the South East currently require a Safety Specialist to join their team based in London. In this role you will act as the Safety Specialist for the company ensuring health & safety standards are met accross the business.
Key accountabilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure accident & incident reporting complies with RIDDOR & business timescales & is of the required quality, including entry data into SMIS.
- Inspection of health & safety arrangements within HQ & operational offices.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly & quarterly health, safety, security & environmental reports & preparation & submission of ROGS annual reports.
- Ensure our client maintains compliance with the reporting of injuries, diseases & dangerous occurrences regulations by preparing & submitting RIDDOR reports within the required timescales.
- Responsible for maintaining & auditable Document Control system for recording, disseminating & tracking internal & external documents.
- Compile & analyse HSSE data & prepare KPI's; identify adverse trends & possible causes for review by the Senior Assurance & Occupational Safety Manager.
- Responsible for managing & maintaining the Business Action Plan & providing management information to the HSSE Committee & Board meetings.
- Carry out display screen equipment assessments for new starters as part of their induction process.
Salary & Package
Approximately £35,000 p/a
+ Rail Travel Benefits
+ Contributory Pension
- Can demonstrate experience of process administration & document control.
- Hold a NEBOSH or IOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Ideally candidates will be trained in use of the railway SMIS database.
- Be IT literate in Microsoft applications
You must be capable of passing a stringent drugs, alcohol & medical screening. You must also be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please give me a call on 01332 861 856 or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org