|Company||Prima Services Group|
|Location||London, England/London All|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||£50,000 - £60,000 per year|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||June 25th 2012|
|Closing Date||July 25th 2012 (for applications)|
Our client has built a reputation for producing exceptional solutions and are seeking a passionate Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their rail team in London.
Their team are engaged on a number of rail projects throughout the UK. Their clients include Network Rail, Translink, Local Authorities and Contractors. Their current workload includes station remodelling and track improvements for projects in the South East.
As an international consultancy, they also offer opportunities for global travel.
Reporting to the Associate Business Director the post holder will be responsible for the development of and technical responsibility for electrical system design. The role will include co-ordination of design within multi disciplinary teams.
A key responsibility will be undertaking the role of Electrical Client Responsible Engineer (CRE) on a portfolio of single and multi-discipline Network Rail projects – reporting to the Project Manager.
The successful candidates will have the following skills and experience
• Able to demonstrate proficient experience of Electrical systems design with an emphasis on electrical building services design including MV/LV distribution equipment and systems, lighting design, standby generation, cabling and earthing systems for stations and depots. Additional experience to include signaling and points heating power supply design.
• Thorough working knowledge of Network Rail standards and IEE Wiring Regulations
• As a minimum, the successful applicant will be BTEC/HNC qualified (or equivalent) in electrical engineering or building services engineering
• Working knowledge of design software including system modeling system modeling, cable and lighting design
• Experience as a senior electrical design engineer undertaking the role of client liaison on project technical and progress matters
• Checking and supervising the work of a team of electrical design engineers.
• BTEC/HNC in electrical or building services engineering.
• Incorporated Engineer
• Desirable Qualifications
• BEng or BSc in electrical or building services engineering.
• Member of IET.
• Chartered Engineer.
• Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach. Self motivated and able to work under own initiative. Good oral and written communications skills.
• Relevant experience in electrical engineering design for the rail sector is essential.
• Will have extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of the design office environment and delivery of design from out-based design teams.
• Knowledge of Project Management techniques and procedures, commercial issues.
• Will lead teams of engineers and technicians working on multi-disciplinary railway projects.
• Will be responsible for supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
• Will play a key part in the management and running of the department.
Please contact Steve Bullock for more information on 0208 397 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply