|Location||St Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||45,000 - 50,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||May 16th 2012|
Senior P6 Civils Planner - Civil Engineering - Rail Industry
£45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
(Temp to perm option is available)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planner to join a leading Civil Engineering Contractor. You will lead the planning input to live projects within the southern region, working with the other members of the project teams to develop, monitor and maintain contracts. You will also be required to work closely with the commercial department for cost loading of programmes and you will be responsible for the planning all the major projects in the South East.
As Senior Planner you will be responsible for the following;
- Prepare programmes for project team in accordance with contract requirements
- Liaise with project teams to ensure consistency of key assumptions on methodology and outputs etc
- Identify opportunity and risk during the programming process
- Maintain weekly updates of all project programmes
- Attend progress / project meetings as required, leading on all planning issues
- Prepare planning element of "handover pack"
- Obtain feedback from site teams on planning adequacy and current customer requirements
- Assist in management of planning software
- Assist in maintaining planning standards
You will be involved in projects such as: Station Refurbishments, Rail Bridge works, Embankment and Earthworks.
Successful candidates will be an Engineer by background from a Main/Principle Rail Contractor
- P3e and P6 (qualified or well experienced)
- Strong understanding of Engineering (i.e. on site issues etc)
- Network Rail experience
- From a Main Contractor background
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles within ATA, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call on 01332 861333.
All correspondence will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.