|Location||Birmingham, Birmingham & West-Midlands|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||40,000 - 45,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||May 3rd 2012|
|Start Date||As soon as they find|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering - Rail Industry
£40,000 - £45,000 + Car/Allowance + Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to progress their career within a Large Civil Engineering Contractor who specialises in Rail. My client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a strong Rail Civil Engineering background on Multi Discipline projects such as Station Refurbishments, Platform Works, Earthworks, Depots, Bridges etc.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will report into the Commercial Manager for the allotted project and will be responsible for the following;
- Prompt presentation of all applications for payment
- Ensuring that payments are received
- Preparation of Final Accounts
- Preparation of forward work schedules and cash flows
- Procurement, negotiation and placing of Sub-contract Orders.
- Financial and commercial management of Sub-contractors through to settlement of Final Accounts
- Ensuring that all contractual letters/notices are presented
- Preparation of all appropriate documentation in support of payments, variations and claims etc
- Commercial support to the site and contracts management team
- Commercial leadership & support to the Estimating and Procurement team.
The projects you will be working on include Heavy Civils and Rail so candidates MUST have experience working on Rail projects such as Stations, Platforms, Earthworks etc.
Candidates MUST be from a Civil Engineering background with at least 4-5 years experience working for a Main Rail Civil Engineering Contractor as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Candidates ideally will be educated to at least HND, HNC or Degree level.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles within ATA, please forward your CV to Jenna.Atter@ata-recruitment.co.uk
All correspondence will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.