|Company||TXM Recruit Ltd|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||up-to £35,000 per year|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||March 26th 2013|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
|Closing Date||April 8th 2013 (for applications)|
TXM have an exciting opportunity with one of their Group Partners, who are actively looking to recruit 2 SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Advisors, 1 role to cover the South UK, One to cover the North Region.
Both positions are permanent positions
Job Title - Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
Salary - £35,000 + Car and Additional Benefits
Reports to: Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
Track Safety Competencies
Must have a current Personal Track Safety Certificate
Operations: Good working knowledge of Plant operations due to the requirement to lead investigation where Plant machinery is used. Be familiar with all products supplied by the business.
Continual Professional Development: Must maintain CPD with IOSH or relevant Institute
Auditing: Must have a valid internal auditor certificate issued by a UKAS registered company
Provide SHEQ advice and support for the Rail Plant business.
- Help maintain ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation, developing the systems and processes based on continual improvement and the business need to a consistent standard in the corporate format
- Carry out presentations using a dynamic style to communicate in an effective manner
- Carry out internal and external Health & Safety training to Plant Staff and Customers.
- Investigate, report on accident and incidents making recommendations through Accident/Incident Report Summaries to the Head of SHEQ / Compliance Director identifying immediate and root causes of the accident.
- Provide health, safety, environmental and Quality support for the Plant Operators Licence operation.
- Assist the Head of SHEQ to ensure effective management of fatigue for all safety critical employees and adheres to Regulation 25 of ROGS in the Rail function through analysis of the reporting processes, carrying out sampling of records and site surveys.
- Assist the Head of SHEQ and Compliance Director to pass all external audits including Link-up, Network Rail and Plant Operations License as well as all customer audits.
- Undertake internal audits and supplier audits as detailed in the Quality Management Audit Matrix.
- Support the relevant managers to carry out local safety meetings and provide support to mitigate issues as required.
- Assist the Head of SHEQ on any advice regarding any change to legislation and assist in maintaining the Company legislation register and developing legislation briefings with appropriate actions dependant on risk.
- Carry out at least 1 rail site inspection every 4 weeks in maintenance or track renewals activities and 1 internal depot inspection every month.
- Assist the Head of SHEQ to ensure that appropriate Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality briefings and bulletins are developed and communicated to the appropriate employees.
- Assist the Head of SHEQ to implement a Sustainability Management System based on economic, environmental and social requirements of the business.
Must have a good working knowledge of the following:
- RIDDOR reporting
- All relevant Legislation
- Environmental registration and permits
- Railway Group Standards including the Rule Book, Network Rail Line Standards and M&EE COPs relating to roles and responsibilities
- Company procedures and emergency plans.
- Must hold a NEBOSH General Certificate
Both positions are available immediately and our client is eager to interview for both positions immediately. If you are interested in applying for this role, then please send your CV for immediate review.
Google: Rail Jobs TXM Recruit
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you
Greater competition needed among UK rail operators Britainís Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has presented a number of possible future reforms that it believes would improve the level of competition within the UKís rail franchising model.
Network Rail appoints Australia lead Network Rail Consulting has appointed a general manager to oversee its operations across Australia and New Zealand.