|Location||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Salary||£40,000 per year|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||July 20th 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
Shift Production Manager, Newton Heath in Manchester, Circa £40k
In this challenging and fast paced role you will lead and direct the depot production teams on a shift basis, using the depot facilities and resources to best advantage to consistently deliver the depot production plan.
You will ensure all agreed safety, quality and budget targets are achieved consistently in respect of train movements, presentation, servicing, maintenance, repairs and overhauls.
You will be responsible for ensuring depot working areas remain safe and fit for purpose, with work site inspection regimes being adhered to.
You will need:
• Experience of engineering and people management, with particular emphasis on railway vehicle engineering and depot production management.
• An Engineering qualification to HNC/HND standard or equivalent, or working towards.
• To have gained the NEBOSH Certificate or be working towards it.
• Strong organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads
• Experience of safety, quality and technical product audits and audit techniques.
• To demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills.
This role is safety critical and shift working will be required. On call working may also be required.
Closing Date for Applications - Wednesday 1st August 2012