|Company||Vital Services Group|
|Location||Swindon, England/South West ALL|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Position Type||Not Specified|
|Salary||up-to £340 per day|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||August 3rd 2012|
|Closing Date||August 10th 2012 (for applications)|
Signalling Project Engineer (9 month contract)
£340 per day
Our client is a well established Nationwide transportation company whose professionalism and well respected name, have been instrumental in their success.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team to assist in the delivery of all IP Western and Wales multi disciplinary projects, they should have a good grounding in Signalling principles and enjoy a challenge. They need to be resourceful and flexible in thinking and working. They would work on projects as large as redoubling or four tracking projects and as small as assisting in cable Lift and shift and TSR calculations for bridge renewals.
1. Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
2. Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure projects so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
3. Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
4. Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Railís environmental policy.
5. Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
6. Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
7. Monitor so that the contractorís design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
8. Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
9. Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
To apply for this position contact Jessica Bates on 0161 836 7023 or email your C.V to Jessica.Bates@vital-solutions.biz
Vital Services Group Ltd is a privately owned company with over 41 offices UK wide. Vital Solutions, the white collar commercial division of the group, has earned a reputation for providing innovative recruitment solutions which have been applied to various industry sectors. In addition, we host bespoke recruitment events, project management and a comprehensive advertising and design facility.