|Company||Shorterm Rail Limited|
|Location||Derby, England/Midlands ALL|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Salary||£50,000 - £70,000 per year|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||July 12th 2012|
Engineering Manager or CRE for a discipline.
3. Principal Accountabilities
Deliver project engineering work-packages across a number of projects. Allocation of team members to work packages for the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
Monitor the progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
Prepare and Maintain team resource schedule to identify resource utilization and work with the Principle Project Engineer to maximize resource utilization/efficiency.
Participate in the Continuous Improvement of project engineering by identifying efficiencies in project engineering while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes tools and methods of working.
Liaise with the Principle Project Engineer and Project Management, contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure project engineering activities are effectively integrated.
Consistent implementation of company engineering standards and processes as determined by the VP technology
Measurement of Project Engineering performance for the team against metrics agreed with Delivery Director.
Conduct regular performance appraisal of key staff and manage their performance
Act as mentor to the engineering community and promote personal development via Continuous Professional Development and Personal Development Plans
Ensure staff have the appropriate IRSE licences and Safety Certification
Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
Where appropriate act in the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer as directed.
4. Measures for Success
On time delivery of robust engineering to budget.
Something about managing performance
5. Essential / Desirable Competencies
- Established Professional status within the signalling industry, significant experience of engineering implementation in railway signalling projects.
- Delivery focussed
- Safety culture aware to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Supportive of a consistent company wide approach to continuous improvement.
- An appropriate level of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies to be able to represent their discipline in front of the client, together with the requisite personal characteristics, to take responsibility for facilitating cross disciplinary Engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments.
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering or Design of safety critical or safety related real-time systems, test and installation environments.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company.
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Nina Kaur on 01332 224556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org