|Company||McGinley Support Services|
|Location||UK Wide/Flexible, UK|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Job Type||Not Specified|
|Company Size||Not Specified|
|Posted Date||June 11th 2012|
|Start Date||Not Specified|
We have a permanent, full time position available for an experienced Testing and Commissioning Manager. This office base for this role is flexible but the role will involve significant travel around various live projects in the UK, the majority are based in the South.
Detailed Salary and package will be discussed upon application as request of our client.
The Testing and Commissioning Manager will operate as part of the Engineering function of the business’ major projects and will be required to be visit sites around the UK, accountable for all Testing and Commissioning activities on a number of projects in terms of programme, progress, safety, quality, environment and financial performance. Whilst operating in the UK initially, opportunities exist for carrying out the role at locations around the World.
The Testing and Commissioning Manager will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Testing and Commissioning team within the Engineering function. This will include ensuring compliance with legislation and policies, developing and maintaining company standards related to testing and commissioning. In addition the Testing and Commissioning Manager will provide technical support and planning advice on Testing and Commissioning throughout the business unit at all stages of the project lifecycle.
In this role, the Testing and Commissioning Manager, is accountable for testing & commissioning and entry into service phases of projects across the business. This is a key role within the business and requires the achievement of:
* Safe, on time, on budget discharge of testing and commissioning requirements across a number of projects
* Compliance with legislation, policies and standards
* Key technical guidance and input on projects and tenders
* Communication with client and focus on customer requirements
* Managed budgets, costs and programmes
* Continuous improvement including integration of testing and commissioning processes and activities with state of the art Information Technology.
* Safety and standards briefings delivered and cascaded
The Testing and Commissioning Manager will lead/develop a team to carry out the role in multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure delivery and will be familiar with:
* Leadership and Management
* Development of self and others
* Technical Assurance including requirements capture, verification and validation techniques
* Problem solving in rail environment
* Continuous improvement
* Industry and European standards
* Governance Processes
* Organising and Planning
* Communication skills
* Rail disciplines including Permanent Way, Overhead Line, Civil Engineering, Power Engineering, Signalling, Telecommunications & SCADA, M&EE
The Testing and Commissioning Manager will have a degree (or equivalent with significant experience) in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering and will be used to operating in a Client facing technical environment.
You will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming such in the near future.
You will be a member of a recognized professional institution.
You will be used to leading teams and working with clients to satisfy their requirements.
You will have system knowledge and ideally have worked in the railway environment.
A good understanding of legislation, procedures and standards is required.
You should be innovative and an excellent developer of both self and others. You should possess demonstrable leadership skills and have a track record of proactively developing business, products or projects or processes.
You should be equipped with the skills to understand and deploy technical assurance processes and have the aptitude and commitment to see this through to demonstrate governance in a project delivery environment.
We value enthusiasm, motivation and Engineers that possess a drive to succeed. As a leader of Testing and Commissioning within the Engineering function, you will have the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels, be able to understand other people’s point of view and learn how to get the best out of people.