|Company||Japan Transportation Consultants|
|Location||Manila, Philippines, Worldwide (Outside Europe)|
|Career Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Company Size||Large (1000+ employees)|
|Posted Date||July 5th 2013|
|Start Date||January 2014|
Track works Expert for Consulting Services for the Capacity Enhancement of Mass Transit Systems in Metro Manila Project
Location: Manila, Philippines
Duration: A total of 23 months
The Government of the Republic of the Philippines, through the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC), intends to engage the services of a qualified consulting firm to act as a General and Coordinating Consultant (ODA Consultant) in providing engineering and other professional services for the Line 1 South Extension Project and the Line 2 East Extension Project.
The extension project described herein refers to LRT Line 2, also known as the Megatren or Purple Line, which runs 13.8 km from the Recto Station in Manila to the Santolan Station in Pasig, along the center1ines of Recto Avenue, Magsaysay Boulevard, Aurora Boulevard, and Marcos Highway. The line is elevated except for a short section under Katipunan Avenue, and has 11 stations.
To support this prestigious project JTC are looking to recruit an experienced Track Engineer to join the team as the Trackworks Expert (TE). TE will work in the ODA Consultant Team, and report to the Project Manager of Line 2 East Extension Project. The TE will be in charge of track works in Line 2 and will be assisted by a Local Track Engineer as shown in Figure 1.
Exceeding the Client’s expectations is JTC’s objective and the TE must embrace this approach. Responsibilities of the TE are probably extended due to the dynamics of the Project demand flexibility. His responsibilities will include, but not limited, to the following tasks:
• Prepare the basic designs for the track and track structure and will prepare the necessary drawings related to the track works.
• Prepare the construction method and sequence for the track works.
• Prepare the bill of quantities and technical specifications for track and assist with the preparation of the cost estimation.
• Assist during the tender process by evaluating technical proposals submitted by bidders.
• Review and check the Contractor’s design on the track works in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements.
• Supervise the progress of the construction and installation.
• Carry out inspections for quality, quantity and safety.
• Check the maintainability of the tracks and related equipment.
• Assist the Employer in testing on completion and commissioning of the track works.
• Assist the Employer to resolve actual and potential claims from the Contractor during the installation, testing and commissioning stages.
Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline, the suitable candidate must also have a minimum of 8 years of work experience in the rail industry. They must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in performing a similar Track Engineer. In addition, for this position, overseas experience is essential, and the suitable person must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working overseas, preferably in South East Asia.
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application.
Plummer to head RDG Paul Plummer is to succeed Michael Roberts as the chief executive of the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) and the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC).
NTAR - Setting the standard A training academy which sees itself playing a pivotal role in finally grasping the rail industry’s skills challenge is set to open in October.