We are recruiting for skilled Maintenance Engineers with strong electrical experience to join us and support the new Thameslink Service to be based at the newly built Three Bridges depot in Crawley. We are recruiting Engineering technicians with electrical, mechanical and fault diagnosis experience, rail experience is not essential as full training will be given. We are looking to recruit Technicians at various levels.
Siemens are providing both rolling stock and signalling solutions with brand new state-of-the-art Desiro City trains encompassing advanced systems both on and off train; as a result of this we will be creating two brand new depots to maintain the new fleet of trains in North London and Crawley. We are recruiting a team of Maintenance Engineers, responsible for ensuring maintenance requirements are supported not only at the two depots but at various locations from Brighton up to Bedford and through central London.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
- Assist with the provision of technical support at incidents off depot
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Relevant experience within a predominately electrical engineering environment
- Experience in documenting actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic, faultfinding and rectification purposes
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Faultfinding experience is highly desired for this role.
- Ability to produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports
- Flexibility to accommodate shifts patterns is required
Please note: We are looking to recruit Technicians at various levels. During the selection process, Siemens use specific criteria in line with our grading framework to ascertain where candidates sit within our Technician structure. Siemens will make successful candidates an offer at the level deemed appropriate from performance throughout the selection and assessment process.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector.
At Siemens we recognise that rewarding and retaining our employees is about more than just pay. We use a total reward philosophy to ensure we have a comprehensive offering of elements to guarantee working at Siemens offers everyone the things that matter to them. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare. Working on a rotating shift pattern including nights you would be entitled to a 30% Shift allowance payment and an allowance for working inside of London.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Similar Job Searches
- Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Technician in Ashby de la Zouch
- Maintenance Technician in Leicestershire
- Maintenance Technician in East Midlands
- Maintenance Technician in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Rolling Stock
- Electrical Engineering
- Maintenance Engineer