The Principal Signalling Design Engineer will provide subject matter expertise and direction of signalling design activities to achieve the maximum output in producing outline and detailed signalling design from the resource available.
What are my responsibilities?
Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling design work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required
- Provide support and input to Project Managers, Project Engineers and the Engineering Manager on allocated projects
- Assist with forecasting the overall design resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Direct such training as may be required including the briefing in of new technical instructions, procedures, handbooks and Signalling Principles
- Focus on signalling design team development through support in the completion of annual performance appraisals, career reviews and development plans
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
- Act in the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer as directed
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Perform duties as directed by management from time to time
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management (essential)
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Design Manager License 1.1.145v1 (essential)
- Significant experience in all aspects of Signal Engineering (essential)
- Chartered Engineer status.
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
- A1 Assessor Qualification
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Our Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Similar Job Searches
- Principal Design Engineer
- Principal Design Engineer in Manchester
- Principal Design Engineer in Greater Manchester
- Principal Design Engineer in North West
- Principal Design Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Manchester
- All jobs in Greater Manchester
- All jobs in North West
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Commercial Manager
- Project Manager
- Design Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Project Engineer