Following the growth in our Control Centre market we require Assistant Control Systems. The role will cover all aspects of Control Systems Engineering including, design, installation and test. Our UK Systems teams operate as a turnkey unit and provide solutions not only to our internal projects but direct to external clients including our major customer Network Rail.
Our growth has been fuelled by our innovative product solutions such as WESTCAD and WESTRONIC applications that cover Train control, SCADA and Automatic route setting systems. The team skills range from R&D product development engineers through to Project Management and Project Engineering.
An essential requirement for an Assistant Control Systems Engineer is to have an ONC in engineering and an Assistant Designers IRSE license. You will be given the knowledge, skills and opportunities to achieve your role. You will be given on the job training and engage with experienced Control Systems Engineers to participate in and contribute to projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide functional support on allocated Control Systems projects.
- Assist with Testing and Commissioning during implementation of Control Systems projects.
- Work towards an IRSE Assistant Designer license.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Control Systems projects.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of all Design documents and data files.
- Ensure that all work is progressed in a verifiable and reportable manner.
- Ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of Control Systems projects.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, company procedures and standards.
- To attend and successfully complete all training courses.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- ONC in engineering
- Good communication skills.
- An ability and willingness to learn.
- Computer Literate
- IRSE Assistant Designer license.
- Interest/knowledge of railway signalling.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering.
- Able to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Willingness to work additional and unsociable hours to support Control Systems Commissioning.
- Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.