Assist the Company and the relevant Train Operating Company to achieve effective performance from the designated fleet(s).
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide technical support for the customers maintenance team on site and at incidents off depot.
- With minimal supervision investigate rolling stock casualties undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic and liaise with the customer.
- Mitigating the risk of in service failures through proactive intervention.
- Download and process train diagnostic data, undertake fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation.
- Live closure of work reports within CMMS system.
- Act as Siemens representative on shift, providing technical support to the Operator's maintenance staff.
- Assist other team members, both Siemens and customer, with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor.
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise.
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution.
- Liaise with all Siemens departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract.
- If required, deputise for line manager.
- Undertake stores and materials support during periods of downtime or absence.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety
- Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- As required, respond to trends in unit defects and make recommendations on possible mitigations and counter measure.
- Undertake audits of customer's maintenance practices to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Undertake performance analysis duties during periods of downtime or absence (site specific).
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Rolling Stock engineering experience
- Relevant engineering qualification or experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to fault-find using a number of different methods including diagnostic software
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
- Good communication skills
- In depth knowledge of rolling stock systems / procedures including schematics, fault finding techniques and download analysis
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.