This role is based within the Engineering team and reports to the System Delivery Engineering Manager.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong desire to continue developing technically by creating technical solutions and managing the associated risks. The individuals general and specialist knowledge and understanding will be utilised to optimise the application of existing technologies and best practices.
This role involves requirements capture, design, implementation, test, installation and maintenance of SCADA PLCs within control and monitoring systems, predominantly in the Rail sector.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that a solution is designed and implemented in a methodical manner utilising industry best practices.
- Engineering elements of a project and liaising closely with all members of the design team.
- Deliver assigned activities within agreed timescales and budgeted costs.
- Develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to applicable industries.
- Application of appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the project life cycle.
- Deliver assigned task in accordance with Company Safety and Quality procedures and all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Proven experience in SCADA/PLC design and programming, preferably to the Rail market.
- Sound knowledge of SCADA system architecture and functionality.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject preferred.
- Working towards professional status with a relevant institution.
- Experience and knowledge of engineering processes at all stages of the engineering lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent team member.
- Full UK Driving licence..
Our Siemens Mobility Division, with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UKs major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last years revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Systems Engineer ( SCADA PLC)
- Senior Systems Engineer ( SCADA PLC) in Ashby de la Zouch
- Senior Systems Engineer ( SCADA PLC) in Leicestershire
- Senior Systems Engineer ( SCADA PLC) in East Midlands
- Senior Systems Engineer ( SCADA PLC) in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Ashby de la Zouch
- All jobs in Leicestershire
- All jobs in East Midlands
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Design Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Project Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
- Scheme Project Manager