Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Bid Manager on behalf of a leading communications organisation specialising in providing cutting edge solutions for the rail industry.
Offering the successful candidate a wealth of experience and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of strong technical challenges, the aim is for the Bid Manager to be supporting the Business Development Team by preparing Costing and Submission documents to respond to Customer enquiries. With a clear focus on innovation you will be joining an organisation that welcomes creativity, and heavily emphasises proactive support for personal and professional development.
Location (s): Scunthorpe
Role and Responsibilities:
- This post is responsible for the preparation of Bids and Tenders
- Review of received Opportunities and Invitations to Tender to identify suitability against the Business strategy
- Interpretation of Customer requirements and development of appropriate bid strategy
- Responsible for timely completion of Expressions of Interest, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Bid Documentation and Quotes as required by the Business
- Requesting and Engagement of Departmental resource as required to support Submissions
- Preparation of detailed Budget Costings to support Submissions
- Presentation of Submissions for review and acceptance by Bid Review Panel
- Customer interface for ongoing Bids and follow up of Submissions
- Maintenance of Opportunity Database and Bid Register
- KPI reporting for forecasting and continuous improvement
The ideal candidate would come from a rail background who has had experience working within a bids and tenders role. Strong communication skills are imperative as there will be coordination between the Business functional departments to ensure there are prompt response rates for all enquiries. If you enjoy working in a pressurised environment and adopt an organised and meticulous way of working, this may be the challenge for you.
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Experience of bid and quotation processes and completion of submissions
- Rail Industry experience
- Telecoms products and installations experience
- Familiar with the OJEU process
- Familiar with standard Rail and Construction Industry Contract Terms and Conditions
- Excellent computer skills and will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Closing Date: 13th January 2017
Likely Job Titles: Proposals Manager, Bids and Tenders Manager