I am looking for an experienced Civils Construction Manager to work on one of the most prestigious projects in the country for a long term contract.
Supervise major infrastructure construction contracts to ensure the works are provided to standard and performance required in the works information.
- Provide advice and expertise at all stages of the construction planning process to various contractors to ensure that all relevant procedures and documentation for contractors to follow are current and up-to-date.
- Supervise contractors and related construction works, ensuring that infrastructure protection is established and that the works are undertaken in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that there are safe systems of work and environmental controls on site.
- Take an operational lead on interfaces with all external and internal stakeholders relating to project areas managed and establish and maintain relationships with key customers, including contractors, and key stakeholders in order to resolve issues quickly.
- Assist as required in the contribution to the overall construction plan by supervising planning of access, possessions and closures.
- Facilitate management of the client, supply chain and various stakeholders, and assist in the development and implementation of the delivery vision and strategy for the infrastructure programme, to ensure delivery according to time, cost, quality, safety and environmental specifications.
- Work within an operational team to develop and implement business processes and performance across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Conduct safety inspections of work sites when work is underway, to ensure that contractors comply with company requirements, including all related HSE regulations and standards on site.
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all their work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Demonstrable record of managing the construction of complex, multi-disciplinary projects (over circa £15 million), within a construction environment.
- Proven construction experience gained across a range of large-scale projects, with a sound understanding of construction planning.
- Engineering qualification (HND), preferably Civil, or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety regulations and industry best practice.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based processes and procedures for health, safety, environmental and environmental management.
- Track record of supervising and administering subcontractors.
FACTS AND FIGURES
- Responsible for line management for up to 5 people
- Responsible for managing a budget of up to £30 million
- Responsible for supervision of construction works on packages of up to £500 million.
- Rate: £450 per day
- Location London
For more information and to apply, please send an up to date CV with contact telephone number to <email address removed> or call me on <phone number removed> I look forward to hearing from you.