Do you have a passion and enthusiasm for engineering design?
Ford and Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced mechanical design engineer to work on designing all types of moving parts for a great engineering business who supply into rail and other heavy industries.
The role of Design Engineer will see you designing a variety of moving, rotating and hydraulic parts, from drive systems to lever and linkage systems, in 3D. You will be able to take on the responsibility of carrying out a range of design calculations and will also be able to check calculations provided by other engineers and supervise external suppliers or subcontractors and familiarity with FEA analysis would also be an advantage. As well as a comprehensive benefits scheme, the company also offers a defined route for progression for the right candidate.
Location: This position is based out of the client's Sheffield office
Role and Responsibilities:
- Using 3D CAD packages to design a range of mechanical parts and systems to suit the client's requirements
- Undertaking detailed design calculations and checking those performed by other engineers as well as utilising any MathCad and FEA skills you possess to aid your work
- Attending client meetings where necessary to gather the information you need and conducting design reviews with them
- Taking ownership of your work to deliver high quality solutions on time and striving to meet project deadlines
- Communicating effectively with other engineers, both internal and external, as well as clients and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in the design of a range of metal parts and systems and will preferably have designed machinery in a previous role. They will be proficient in the use of a 3D design package although preference will be given to applicants who use SolidWorks and competency in MathCad is desirable. You will be good at communicating as this role will see you liaising with clients, suppliers and other engineers and you will possess a real passion and enthusiasm for engineering and getting the best job done.
Qualifications: Ideally you will possess a degree in engineering, however applications from candidates with an HND/HNC level qualification and suitable experience will also be considered.
Closing date: 12th January
Likely job titles: CAD Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Designer
Similar Job Searches
- Design Engineer
- Design Engineer in Sheffield
- Design Engineer in South Yorkshire
- Design Engineer in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Design Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Sheffield
- All jobs in South Yorkshire
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom