My client a market leader in Rail construction is looking for a Design Manager to join an existing team based from offices in the West Midlands.
The project offers a mixture of Civil's, electrification and power, ideally the suitable candidate will have diverse experience within these disciplines. The project is on going and will provide long term work.
The main responsibility will be to manage the design delivery to programme, budget and the specified quality. The Design Manager will also ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the management and delivery of all design on the specified project.
- To ensure that a risk assessment and mitigation plan is in place to manage technical risks.
- Responsible for managing the designer to deliver safe, reliable and fit for purpose design solutions to budget
- To ensure that the design process is compliant to the latest version of Network Rail Company Standard NR/L2/INI/02009: Engineering Management for projects.
- Responsible for project reporting and development of the project design KPIs
- Driving the Design Programme and unblocking problems
- To be responsible for the management of Design interfaces and ensuring that the design is constructible
- Establish and implement an effective technical change control process throughout the life of the project
- Be responsible for generating commercial change control notices related to the design
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- Engineering degree in appropriate discipline
- Member of APMP or similar
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Creative thinker
- Familiar with project management software
- Knowledge of Design contract i.e. PSA
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.