Position: Environmental Advisor
Location: East London
Are you an Environmental expert working within the Rail industry looking for your next opportunity?
You will be reporting into the Environmental Manager and assist in facilitating compliance with legislative, corporate and other requirements in relation to the environment. To help facilitate prevention of pollution, protection of the environment (including biodiversity), and the reduction of waste. And also to facilitate implementation and development of the Environmental Management System (EMS) for the company.
- To actively engage in the inspection and establishment of environmental protection measures.
- To ensure that information, training and instruction and task-specific advice on environmental management meets the needs of employees and those working on our behalf.
- To ensure that the EMS and associated supporting information incorporates construction processes.
- To ensure that the requirements of the EMS are being applied on operational projects and associated activities.
- To monitor operational compliance to the EMS, and the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004, ensuring implementation of effective improvement / preventive measures.
- The reporting of environmental related performance information, including but not restricted to audits, non-conformances, incidents.
- The effective use of Workspace functionalities in their relation to operational records.
- To ensure that environmental aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders are in accordance with the EMS.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Attractive Benefits Package
- Stability and Progression
- Working for a Top Tier 1 main Contractor
To do this role you must have:
- Associate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
- Affiliate member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management (CIWM).
- Internal Auditor (ISO 14001:2004) with demonstrable experience of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audits. Lead Auditor status beneficial but not essential.
- NEBOSH Specialist Diploma in Environmental Management (DipEM) or educated in an environmental degree.
- Experience across a range of construction disciplines (civils, building etc) would be beneficial.
- Good presentation, written, analytical and IT skills.
- Training and presentation experience throughout all levels of an organisation, preferably trained to 'Train the Trainer' level.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and educate/train at all levels.
- Self-confidence to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
Sound like your DREAM JOB? Submit your CV or contact Lauren Jenkins at Randstad CPE London. Not quite right for you but perfect for a mate? - Refer someone now and get £200 if we place them!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.