VolkerRail is an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor. We have a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK; working with Network Rail, London Underground as well as light rail and tram operating companies to enhance the national infrastructure.
As one of the UKs oldest railway contractors, with a history dating back over 70 years, we are passionate about the preservation and development of the railways. Our years of experience and continued company growth have earned us a reputation within the industry for high performance and innovation, and as a company focussed on timely and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for a H&S manager to join VolkerRail Major Projects working on the REAL PSU alliance.
This role will involve:
- Proactively promote HSQE best practice throughout Major Projects and established accident & incident prevention strategies throughout the managerial/supervisory/workforce levels (including contractors) across the alliance as directed by the alliance management team.
- Work with the managerial/supervisory teams across the business in the implementation of HSQE standards and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Railway Safety Certification & Principal Contractors / Rail Plant Company Operating licenses, ISO standards, current applicable legislation and other client requirements.
- Provide professional HSQE advice, coaching, mentoring, training and education to management/supervisors/HSQE team/workforce and contractors where identified as necessary.
- In conjunction with managerial and supervisory staff manage and close out all associated investigation recommendations and remedial actions arising from accident & incident investigations. In addition assist in the management of formal investigation recommendations and remedial actions as directed by the alliance management team.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. Problem solving, communication and good interpersonal skills are a key requirement for this role. The candidate will also ideally have the following Experience/skill set:
- Previous experience in an HSQE role.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Hold a degree in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent.
- Holding CMIOSH would be advantageous.
- Have working knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices.
- Previous experience of working in the construction/rail industry is an essential requirement along with the possession of a PTS and CSCS Card.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload.
- Experience of alliance working is an advantage
VolkerRail Group offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension, performance related pay, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
Similar Job Searches
- H S Manager
- H S Manager in Doncaster
- H S Manager in South Yorkshire
- H S Manager in Yorkshire and the Humber
- H S Manager in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Doncaster
- All jobs in South Yorkshire
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- London Underground
- Network Rail
- Construction Manager
- Civil Engineer