Head of Maintenance Engineering
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working closely with a leading railway engineering company who complete rolling stock repair and overhaul work at their historic site in Doncaster. We are searching for an experienced rolling stock engineer to join the business as Head of Maintenance Engineering, reporting in to the Engineering Director.
This role will lead on all maintenance engineering activity and manage RAMS engineering in relation to engineering changes taking place. The workload will be varied and have a number of internal and external interfaces, allowing the ideal candidate to demonstrate their technical capability in an Engineering setting. You will have the chance to work closely on some of the most high profile projects in the industry ensuring successful project delivery.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead on RAMS Engineering activity
- Manage technical interfaces appropriate to project deliverables
- Produce technical specifications to define the performance of a product / component
- Produce risk assessments / method statements for offsite work
- Develop test documentation to validate component or installation
- Supporting production through Production Query process
- Produce technical reports to capture engineering issues / findings
- Support engineering development in terms of cost, safety, cost, quality and delivery
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline (or equivalent) and ideally chartered or working towards
- 10 years+ in a Mechanical Engineering role