VolkerRail is an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor. We have a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK; working with Network Rail, London Underground as well as light rail and tram operating companies to enhance the national infrastructure.
As one of the UKs oldest railway contractors, with a history dating back over 70 years, we are passionate about the preservation and development of the railways. Our years of experience and continued company growth have earned us a reputation within the industry for high performance and innovation, and as a company focussed on timely and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer (OLE) to join VolkerRail Major Projects working on the ECPSU contract. The role will be based in Doncaster.
- Provide effective communication of information to facilitate compliance with Statutory, Industry, Mandatory and VolkerRail requirements for use by the projects team.
- Liaise with the projects team personnel to ensure their requirement are understood and complied with.
- Provide input as required to the bid and work winning teams to ensure VolkerRail present the client with competitive and compliant tenders. Provide input as required to answer client questions in relation to tenders submitted. Provide input on design, buildability and methodologies as required.
- Undertake all work in accordance with all relevant client and/or VolkerRail Standards and Instructions.
- Undertake Risk Assessments as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide input as required to SSOW planners to enable safe systems of work to be established for all works.
- Provide guidance and support as necessary to site teams to ensure: methodologies and processes for work delivery are developed; work undertaken is in accordance with the design, is compliant with client requirements and meets the required quality standard.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. Problem solving, communication and good interpersonal skills are a key requirement for this role. The candidate will also ideally have the following Experience/skill set:
- Demonstrable experience working within Overhead Line Engineering.
- A Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline with an HNC/HND as a minimum.
- Confident communication skills, both in writing and in internal and external correspondence.
- Awareness of health, safety, welfare and environmental aspects of all development projects.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience at team working/collaborating.
- VolkerRail Group offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension, performance related pay, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
Flexibility is also essential for this role as there will be weekend working and travel.
VolkerRail Group offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that includes pension, performance related pay, and other benefits commensurate to your skills and experience.
Similar Job Searches
- OLE Project Engineer
- OLE Project Engineer in Doncaster
- OLE Project Engineer in South Yorkshire
- OLE Project Engineer in Yorkshire and the Humber
- OLE Project Engineer in England, United Kingdom
- All jobs in Doncaster
- All jobs in South Yorkshire
- All jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber
- All jobs in England, United Kingdom
- London Underground
- Network Rail
- Project Engineer