Job Title - Project Manager
Location - London, Cottons Centre
Rates - £400 - £550 per day
About the role / project:
Working on the CP6 business plan - control period development. CP6 business planning. Management and integration of asset based work for development and delivery that will from the CP6 bid for capital funding from the ORR (Office of the Rail Regulatory) for the DFT (Department for Transport). The role will support the Programme Management team with strategic business plans for the route.
What you will do:
- Deliver the project(s) safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations.
- Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
- Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
- Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects.
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Your experience will include:
- Multi Discipline Project Management
- Control Periods
- Bid Development
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.