Linbrooke Services is searching for a talented Senior Comms Tendering Engineer to join the Rail Bid Team. The successful candidate will work as part of a professional office of employees in the role of Senior Comms Tendering Engineer. Your main responsibility will be to produce accurate tender prices, documents and help prepare bid proposals for future projects. Working in conjunction with Sales, Engineering, Finance and Bid Manager you will play an integral part in the technical proposals that form part of the company’s bid strategy. Your role will be to help to develop and manage the bid strategy and to provide technical input on the development of winning design tender submissions.
Can work from Sheffield or York office.
Acting as the focal point for all technical, quality and financial deliverables you will own the technical bid response covering all solutions offered by the company with focus on large/complex bids. This could include multi-disciplinary projects.
Summary of skills required
- Identify the technical requirements for each bid and will agree with the Bid Manager on the bidding strategy
- Own the technical response of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), Bids and Tenders
- Collate methodologies and write cohesive tender submissions in line with the agreed bid strategy and timescales
- Always aim to achieve the best technical and price solution
- Minimise our exposure and risk on bids
- Set out bid expectation and meet agreed deadlines
- Continue to raise the standard and quality of bids to increase bid win ratio
- Be decisive and be able to meet the most aggressive timelines for delivering high quality proposals
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally and support the adoption of the company’s corporate culture
- Must have experience and knowledge of Rail Comms technologies including but not limited to SISS, FTN, Fibre and Copper Networks, IP Networks, switches, Concentrators etc.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to embrace change and drive continual improvement
- Willingness to follow internal processes at all times
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and seeing things through until the end
- Customer focused and experienced in managing expectations
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate several projects at once, multi-task
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be well organised to work with people effectively
- Understanding of basic revenue models, profit and loss.
- Good communicator with proven negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational, presentation and written skills Enjoys solving problems
- Good positive mental attitude, Whatever it takes, Can Do attitude
- Commercial savvy and understanding of managing to budgets
- IT literate with good working knowledge of all relevant Microsoft Office applications