I am searching for a permanent way design engineer to join a notable design consultancy in the Birmingham. You will focus on designing the plain line and S&C, ensuring accuracy and delivery in accordance to specifications set by the Client.
You will be involved in the development of current and future schemes by overseeing and undertaking design production, undertaking checks, and mentoring the junior staff within the teams. Specific skills and past experiences in the following are sought:
- HNC/HND/Degree Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Proven Permanent Way Rail design experience, in a variety of schemes
- Experience of track design, S&C and Plain Line
- Knowledge and skills in aspects of track and/or railway civil engineering surveying, specification, construction/renewal within the UK
- Experienced in undertaking design checks of outline and detailed design schemes
- Good knowledge of Network Rail and Railway Group standards relevant to P/ Way (Track) design